AATIKE’s wooden chess set is unique. It is handcrafted by using different toy making art forms from artisans of Saharanpur and Channapatna. It has colorful vibrant Chess pieces made with mango wood and natural colors. The chess board is made of rich sheesham wood. AATIKE’s chess set is of finest quality and is ideal for both collectors and players! It is compact and can be carried & played anywhere one wishes to!
- Chess is a two-player strategy board game played on a chessboard, a checkered game board with 64 squares arranged in an 8×8 grid.
- Each player begins the game with 16 pieces: one king, one queen, two rooks, two knights, two bishops, and eight pawns.
- Each of the six piece types moves differently.
- Pieces are used to attack and capture the opponent’s pieces, with the objective to ‘checkmate’ the opponent’s king by placing it under an inescapable threat of capture.
- In addition to checkmate, the game can be won by the voluntary resignation of the opponent, which typically occurs when too much material is lost, or if checkmate appears unavoidable.
- A game may also result in a draw in several ways, where neither player wins. The course of the game is divided into three phases: opening, middle game, and endgame.